...yesterday I finally decided to leave my nest and get my nose out around other people. I have to thank Dan & Nadi for this as they invited me to this small charity event. I didn't had much expectations out of it but it turned out to be quite a nice experience especially that I got the chance to eat some of Nadi's pancakes. On the other hand it is always a pleasure to be around these guys as they somehow have that something that can put you in a good mood regardless of the moment.. And it's just their way of being that has this effect, no big effort... There was another person that really made my evening (besides Nadi's pancakes which were really good!). That was a 14 months old girl who came there with her mother and with whom I was playing for at least an hour or so. The most amazing thing was that she actually liked me quite a lot and she was repeatedly asking me to pick her up and play "the plane" with her. Such a nice, sweet and innocent laugh... When something like this happens to you there is nothing that can stop you from smiling and enjoying that moment..and I mean nothing at all.. And I'm convinced that I somehow understood only a small part of the joy that a child can bring into the picture... I have had probably the best time since I arrived back to Brussels from the long weekend in RO. I never imagined myself playing like that with a small child but when it happened I just went along with the moment and it turned out to be such a nice experience. She was crying when she left and for a moment her hands were trying to reach out to me in a gesture that would have said "take me up". She literally broke my hearth at that moment...
After another beer and some more talks with my friends I decided to go home as it was already late and today it is Monday so I had to wake up early and go to the office. (..and yes I'm talking about that same Monday which keeps coming back every single week... ).
On the tram something else happens, just to conclude a really nice Sunday afternoon:
"Comment tu t'appele?"
"Radu"
"Tu parle la langue Arabe?"
"Non"
"Mais... tu viens de quelle pays?
"Je suis Roumain..."
"Et... comment s'appele ta madame?"
"........ Je n'ai pas une madame, je suis seul"
"C'a n'est pas vrais...je suis choque.."
" Ecoute, quel age as-tu?"
"cinq..."
This was a conversation with a 5 years old girl who had the most beautiful, expressive, black eyes I have ever seen...She was as well very sweet and adorable...
It is indeed amazing how innocent and sincere small kids can be...We, as adults, definitely have a lot to learn from them...
So after yesterday experiences I think I can say that kids like me. And since kids only feel comfortable around good people it must be that I am one of them.
This is why today I'm still happy... (and also because of Nadi's pancakes which were..mmmm, sooo good :) )